Monday, November 26, 2012

Open House Time

Recently I met with a woman who is a life coach.  She asked me what I wanted to see happen with my art by the end of this year.

One of my answers was to get my work out to the public.  I think that's a pretty common wish for artists.  I can't imagine wanting your creativity to stay inside - either yourself and/or your home or studio.

She just happened to be having a holiday Open House at her home and it's this coming Sat., 12/1.
I will be using her home as my gallery.  What a lovely offer and I am looking forward to not only having a good time but to hopefully selling my work.

Getting ready for any event where your work is to be shown is a lot more involved than many people might think (or maybe they do think and I'm just amazed).  I've been there before, but this time I need to add a few more things to the mix.

stickers from Moo-love these!
New note cards-6 of them.

stand alone mini canvi
bookmarks
paint and new artist pens - sometimes it's better to have everything out where I can see it
Prints ready for cutting and more on the way
Between taking photos of my paintings, ordering prints and folders to hold them, stickers, painting, making order forms and purchasing a thingamajig to take credit cards that I attach to my iPhone-I should be ready - oh, and I'm supposed to take that favorite holiday dish I always make (but there isn't one-what to do?!-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment