Monday, May 6, 2013

Between the Breaths of Spring

With my morning Starbucks Chai Tea Latte safely secured in my cup holder,  I glanced in my rear view mirror.  Across the parking lot and lining the roadway just beyond was (and still is) a row of bushes.  They were nicely trimmed and lined up - tops the same height - residing in new mulch.  Aha, the artist's eyes opened wide - just loved those branches - the shapes between, below, next to.  Nope, didn't take a photo (oh, there's always time).  But here's today's photos.
Today looking back
Imagine the branches, with the grass very low, etc.
I am very fond of roots and crooked branches.  This area where the branches are is very smooth.  I applied a heavy gel to the canvas which created a skin-like ground.


"Between the Breaths of Spring"
My prayer plant decided to bloom so it became the perfect focal point to light her face and adorn her third eye.  The trees on the right are dimensional (again, a thicker use of a gel medium).  Little orbs of gold paint adorn the tips of the flowers' leaves as well as the edges of her mantle.
Here she resides resplendent in coppers and golds.  She is every color, enhanced in light and surrounded by textural elements.  May you join her in serenity and rejoice in the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment